Skip to content
Back To Top
Winter risotto with Holi-topping
- 1 carrot
- 1 purple turnip
- 1/3 celeriac
- 1/3 green cabbage
- 100g grated parmesan
- 250g risotto rice
- 8 dl vegetable stock (1.5 cube or 1 tablespoon powder dissolved in 8 dl hot water)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1.5 dl dry white wine
- 3 shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- 2 Holiroots Beet Cracker with Thyme
- Dice the carrot, celeriac and turnip in small pieces
- Finely chop the shallots
- Finely chop the green cabbage
- Crumble the Holiroots Beet Cracker with Thyme
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the shallots until glazy.
- Add the risotto rice and turn up the heat slightly.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate while stirring .
- Then add the vegetables and mix well.
- Spoon in a few spoonfuls of broth and let simmer under cover, adding broth each time the previous one is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat when the rice is cooked and add the parmesan and butter, season to taste with black pepper and salt.
- Divide among 4 deep plates and top with the crumbled Holiroots Beet Cracker with Thyme
and a few more drops of extra virgin olive oil if desired. Enjoy!
Share your meal